7 Outdoor Lighting Tips6/21/2018
Our lighting experts give the scoop on creating your own backyard oasis here.
It's the first official day of summer, meaning we're thinking outdoor parties and barbeques. Outdoor lighting is a perfect way to set the ambiance for your guests while also adding value to your home. Create your own backyard oasis using these exterior and functional lighting tips from our Lighting Design Consultant, Michelle.
1. Using outdoor lamps near a seating area can create soft diffused lighting, and add interest.
2. If you have a pergola/outdoor structure, using outdoor chandeliers can really create a statement and help provide light.
3. Coordinating wall lights can help tie in the chandelier/pendant to the house.
4. Landscape lighting can really add to the effect by delineating paths to walk, lighting up your perennials and uplighting into trees to create drama.
5. Adding string lights to your pergola can also add a lot of interest, and there are many bulb options to change up the look, from vintage bulbs to modern round bulbs.
6. You can add LED tape to many things now, like under stair treads, under deck railings, under seating areas, lining soffits, etc.
7. Make sure to talk to a local lighting consultant about options! Contact Filament Lighting & Home here.